Want the heads up when new stories drop? Subscribe Here
A unique product snags attention. A boring product does not.
Brad Munro says crowdfunding is most successful when you have the former—something innovative like Willi Footwear’s improved flip flops.
“The kind of people that are contributing to your crowdfunding campaign, especially if they’re buying a product, they’re doing so because they can’t buy it anywhere else,” he says. “They’re not going to jump on and grab something that they can go down to the shop and get, that’s just as good or the exact same thing.”
But they didn’t rely on their product’s uniqueness. By shoveling time into their campaign, both the preparation and execution, the team at Willi Footwear was able to integrate consistent messaging with outreach to people they knew, which earned them the money they needed to ensure the success of their fledgling company.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why Indiegogo might be a better platform for crowdfunders
- How to strike the right tone for your campaign video
- What connections you can immediately leverage to ensure your campaign is a success
- The elements behind a high-converting project page
- What you need to start planning for once you decide to start crowdfunding
- & much more!