So you want to write a guest post for Foundr?
Well then you’re in luck because we’re always looking to some feature awesome talent.
Getting featured on our blog alone means that you and your work will be immediately exposed to hundreds of thousands of loyal readers within the Foundr community. Not to mention we’ll do our best to promote your article as much as possible through own social media channels.
Our mission is to get YOU as much exposure as possible. In return let’s give our readers a next level article that really helps on the journey to becoming a successful entrepreneur!
We are super pumped to have you as a contributor to Foundr, but first we need to quickly get some things in order 🙂
Please note: If your pitch does not adhere to these guidelines, you will not receive a response.
– It has to be high quality. We have some seriously high standards when it comes to our content. Don’t be surprised if you’re asked to go through multiple revisions and edits before we publish it.
– It’s original. This one is pretty obvious. If your article has been published anywhere else before, we don’t want it.
– Know our audience. Foundr is all about providing quality, actionable content for novice-stage startups and entrepreneurs, and anything within that ecosystem. You can check out our highest performing posts with tools like Buzzsumo if you need some inspiration on what to write for us.
All articles are to be written bearing in mind that Foundr Magazine has a global audience.
– It’s actionable. Our main requirement is that your article provides useful and actionable advice to our audience. This isn’t a place to wax poetic about the state of the state of social media, unless you’re telling our audience what they can do about it.
– It’s not too short and it’s not too long. We don’t have any specific word limits or requirements. However it is rare to be able to find a quality article with actionable advice that’s under 1000 words. The main thing to focus on though is writing a quality post, the article can be as long, or as short, as it has to be.
– You’re around when the post goes live. At Foundr we pride ourselves on our commitment to our community. We’ll give you plenty of notice before your post goes live so that you can plan to be available. We expect you to be around during the day, and the following day to interact and answer any questions readers in the comments.
– You’re ready to do your part to promote. Of course Foundr will be sure to mail out your blog post to our 80 thousand plus mailing list, as well as promote it over our own social media networks. But make sure that you do your part as well to share your epic post as well, let everyone in your networks know about it. Together we can ensure that your post becomes a massive success!
– You will need to provide a short Bio and photo in the contact form below. After which we’ll contact you about your guest post idea.
– Tell us your idea. Only the idea, not the finished product. Please include:
– Each piece of content published will include a bio box, link to your site and two social media links of your choice.
– If your outline is accepted then we’ll ask you to submit a draft.
– All studies, quotes, data, etc. have to be properly sourced and attributed. If you’re not sure how to do proper attribution then check out this awesome Hubspot article on how to do it right.
– All posts need at least one graphic to show visually how to do something or to illustrate a point. It can be screenshots, photos, youtube videos etc. as long as they are relevant.
– You’re writing in easy-to-understand language. We’re all for adding your own personal style and voice into the article, in fact we encourage it! But ensure that your post is written in plain language, and stays away from confusing technical jargon, or strange metaphors and anecdotes.
– Please double check your grammar, spellings, image resolution, web URLs and all other submitted information.
– Submit the article as a Google Doc. It makes it easier for us to edit and review. Make sure to include your name in the file name.
– Be ready to re-write. Chances are we’ll probably ask you to make some revisions. Please don’t take it personally, or see it as a rejection. It actually means we see a lot of potential in your post and want to work with you in order to make it as good as it can possibly be. Please take our advice to heart and let’s work together to make sure your post is nothing but top-notch.
– If you are a publicist filling out this form for your client, you acknowledge that NHC PUBLISHING PTY LTD will accept this as formal acknowledgement to the terms and conditions by your client.
Before sending us any contributions or submissions you indemnify NHC PUBLISHING PTY LTD from any claim or impairment that may arise as a consequence of your ‘factual’ statements being fictitious or any infringement of a right of any third-party.
By submitting a contribution, you accept the terms and conditions in relation to each and every single piece within your submission, including but not limited to copy, photographs and illustrations sent to us.
All written content submitted to NHC PUBLISHING PTY LTD is for the exclusive sole use of NHC PUBLISHING PTY LTD and not to be re-purposed or re-used in any other media or on the internet.
By sending us photographs you authorize the following:
> You are the sole owner and copyright holder of the photograph taken and that all the rights attached to the image belong to you;
> the photograph was not taken in the engagement for ‘workhire’, as a member of staff or whatever-or any other pact of whereof ownership or other explicit privileges, which may affect the prospect of publishing the photograph, imparted or imparted to any other individual;
> the photograph is not co-operative or a plagiaristic piece of work;
> the photograph is original.
No liability can be taken for the condition and precision of copy supplied and our editors may edit your copy where they deem necessary. The publishers protect the right to reject and amend any contribution/material supplied. We take no responsibility for typographical mistakes and omissions.
All materials submitted may be used as future advertising or publicity for NHC PUBLISHING PTY LTD. The views and attitude printed in these publications are not necessarily those of the publisher. No fault will be taken for any judgment made by the reader, consequently resulting to opinions.
We accept everything from text to illustrations to photographs. Please submit any images as low-resolution for us to review along with all credits.
And that’s all there is to it. If you feel like you’re up to scratch and you want to become a part of the Foundr team then go ahead and fill out the form below!
BOOM! NOW LET’S GET BUSY!