102: How to Get over Adversity and Win at Life and Business with Hal Elrod
When Hal Elrod was 19 he was involved in a car accident with a drunk driver that left him with brain damage, 11 broken bones, and doctors telling him that he’d never walk again. While many people would understandably give into grief or anger or any other whirlwind of emotions that come after such a traumatic event, Elrod instead made the conscious choice to be at peace with himself.
He knew there was nothing he could control about his situation, but he could control how the situation affected him. While he accepted the fact that he might never be able to use his legs again and was at peace with it, he was also determined to find a way to walk again.
“I’m going accept the worst-case scenario, while I focus on the best case scenario.”
Three weeks later, defying all odds and expectations, he began to walk again.
Since then, he’s called upon his life story and lessons he’s learned along the way to become a highly sought-after motivational speaker and bestselling author of the book The Miracle Morning. Through his book, Elrod has touched the lives of millions of people with his simple philosophy and has guided them to become more productive, happier, less stressed, and at peace with themselves.
In this interview you will learn:
- How you too can start becoming a better entrepreneur, and a better person overall, every single morning
- Why the most successful people in the world take their mornings very seriously
- When to accept the worst and how to turn that into a weapon
- What your potential is and how to reach it
- What it truly means to put mind over matter and how to do it
- & much more!